Bears are calling on Rick Scott
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission (FWC) is only weeks away from authorizing a bear hunt. And our best chance to stunt the hunt and save the bears is to convince Gov. Rick Scot that it’s a bad idea for Florida’s tourism industry to allow the senseless and cruel killing of these shy forest dwellers.
But we need your help getting Gov. Scott’s attention. Can you to call Gov. Scott’s office in Tallahassee, FL, and tell him that hunting the bears is bad for Florida’s tourism, reputation and wildlife?
Call: (850) 717-9337
You will have the option to talk to an office representative or leave a message. Here’s some talking points for what to say.
- I’m alarmed to learn that Florida is considering legalizing bear hunting for the first time in 40 years.
- The Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission (FWC) claims to be interested in public safety. But even their spokespeople admit that hunting bears will not reduce the incidents in Florida suburbs.
- With only 3,000 bears left in the State, now is not the time to give license to hunters to go on a bear killing spree.
- I call on Gov. Scott to take action to protect the bears. Instead of opening a hunting season, Florida should focus on reducing urban sprawl and common-sense mitigation like better trash cans.
- Please Governor Scott, do not to allow Florida’s amazing black bears to be hunted and killed.
Afterwords, let us know how your call went by filling out the form below